Wanting to add a bit of spook to your home this Halloween week? We have an inexpensive, easy and adorable DIY for you! This yarn ghost garland makes a great festive addition to any mantle! While pumpkin carving is fun, it is a messy project that can turn to mush and attract pesky bugs. This is a craft that can be done with the kids or with the ladies while watching Hocus Pocus! Now lets gather your supplies and get to crafting!
What you’ll need:
- Yarn of choice! You can use one color or as many as you choose!
- A book for wrapping
- A seasonal movie, a blanket and your favorite warm beverage (personally sipped on a Hot Toddy while we crafted for girls night)
This craft is as easy as 1-2-3!
- Cut a string of yarn on the length of the bookend and tape both ends.
- Begin wrapping the yarn around the book, you can make your ghosts as thick or as thin as you please. We wrapped our ghosts around 25 times so they are slim thicc.
- Double knot the yarn at the top of the book to create the bundle then snip the bottom of the wrapped yarn to create the tassel!
- To transform your tassel to a ghost, simply take a small piece of yarn and tie it around the top to create the head.
- Repeat this process for however many ghosts you want to create.
- Cut another piece of yarn or twine to attach your ghosts to and arrange them in their strand.
- Place your adorable new Halloween garland on your mantle, dresser or wherever your heart desires and enjoy!
Pro tip: you can get googly eyes or cut out felt pieces for your ghosts faces!